Sunday, April 12, 2015

Don't diet: enjoy food and your life!

This is the very typical Swedish dish "smörgåstårta" with crabs, salmon and 500 g "löjrom", swedish kaviar, as a side dish from the birthday bash yesterday.


                                                           Swedish "smörgåstårta" (sandwich cake)

A friend messaged and asked: what diet are you on?

Well, no diet at all. I hate diets... Have tried so many. And gained back all I lost, again and again.
I don't know how many hundreds of kilo I lost in my 48-year-old life...
It's not a joke! Numerous of times I have lost 20-30 kilos.
This time it will be different. It's all about a change of lifestyle.
I remove all kinds of obvious unhealthy food. I don't eat snacks, ice cream, sweets, soda or fast food like pizza, hamburgers, kebab.
I eat homemade pizza and hamburgers, but the opportunity to grab some thing fast in town is gone. I have to plan my eating. Of course this is leading to healthier choices.
My son Elisha who wrote the contract for a year, extended to one more,  (with a 5000 Swedish crown fine, if breaking it) allows us to have whipped cream, which makes a nice dessert in combination with fruits and berries.
This was the secret behind last year weight loss of 27 kilo.

I love food and to cook.  This year I am focusing on decreasing the amount of food I eat. I keep a diary of my  intake and this makes everything very visual. It also holds me back from over eating which has been my main issue many years. I use my experience of meditation and mindfulness.
A life on a hard diet, suffering starving is nothing for me!

Yesterday was a feast on "smörgåstårta" and prosecco.
 I  ended up with a glass of champagne.

 
Christina an me celebrating her birthday!
She made the fantastic smörgåstårta from scratch

I know Natasha, my partner- in -crime in this Butterfly Battle is celebrating the Ortodox Easter today.
What is on your dinner table in Russia?








No comments:

Post a Comment