Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Ninja Diet: Boiled cod with white wine sauce and shrimps





I love working days dinner with class!

Today my inspiration took new heights...

I started with the white wine sauce:

fine chopped parsley and a quarter onion fried in butter 

Add 1.5 dl of fish bouillon mixed with 1.5 dl of white wine, white pepper corn, dried thyme, and a few bay leaf.
Cook for 20 minutes to reduce to half the amount, add 0.5 dl of cream. Let it cook together and get thick. For thicker consistence add half a tablespoon of maizena or flour. Pull through a strainer.
Add some  salt, butter and a little lemon juice.

Put 200 g cod in a pan. I measured up water to cover it and then took the fish out. I put 1 tablespoon of salt in the water.
Let the water was boil, return the fish.
Let it cook again and when it does, immediately remove the pan from the heat. Cover it with the lid and let it be for 7 minutes.

Serve with 1 dl of rice and some shrimps and the veggies of your choice. I had cucumber, tomatoes and pineapple.

Even people who doesn't like fish will love this dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment