Monday, May 18, 2015

The Ninja Diet #21: It takes three weeks to change a habit...Or...?


"Check her out: this Swede eats the strongest food at the buffét"
21 days on the Ninja Diet, created by my son Elisha, PT at SATS Haninge, Stockholm.
There are many myths about how long time it take to change a habit. One common is 21 days.
In fact there are no answer. It's individual.
For me it's good to have a meal plan to stay on track. I don't have to make so many choices.
Some days have been hard. A lot of craving. Even though I have been eating too much it's nothing compared to the overeating earlier. I feel very terminated and strong. I am going to make this no matter how long it takes. I have gained so much energy eating good, well balanced food for three weeks. Cooking has been pure pleasure. My middle son also has lost 5 kilos. Elishas meal plan works!

Sunday was a nice day celebrating Vesak, "Buddha day" in company with more than 100 Thai people in Luleå. The food was fantastic! A festival of tastes. Not optimal food plan for me, but...

Rexflecting over the 21 past days I am happy with the outcome: more meditation, energy giving food,
a life changing goal is reached, I waited years for this to happen, started biking, have been keeping my inspiration by reading about health and good food.

Even though the change may take longer than three weeks I will now adjust my goals.
Tomorrow you can read more about it here at the Butterfly Battle blog!

1. Meal plan, well Thai food is healthy, but the amount!!!
2. Meditation, yes and listening and part taking of the monks recitation is very  relaxing
3. Inspirational reading: the newspaper Dagens Nyheter always give me new ideas. This time about bees non verbal communication abut finding new nests.
4. Exercise: bike ride, 10 km
5. Life changing: well this project is the most life changing in a long time. Food has been a big part of my life, still is but know the right stuff!
At the Vesak celebration in Luleå; Sweden

No comments:

Post a Comment