Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Ninja Diet #15: L*O*V*E

It's 2 am and I am awake again after 6 hours of sleep...
Yesterday was a strange day.
For the first time ever I took the bike to work.
I passed by the bus stop to say good morning to Ulrika, my bus company.

The bike ride lasted for 40  minutes. I was happy to finally reach my goal.
Going home again I took another, much nicer, more scenic way, passing by the store for some lemon to my new morning drink.

In the evening I was hungry, ate two sandwiches, not on my meal plan. I felt low. Strong cravings.
Luckily I got some online coaching in real time from Anders, the former gym owner:

1. I need to change my routines. I need new patterns for my brain to start over with good habits.
2. More vegetables
3. Get up early. Get going. (Not an issue for me who felt asleep at 8 pm yesterday...)
4. Have a strong discipline in my thoughts about my self.
5. And most important: love myself for who I am.

Wonderful advice in a down hill moment. I am really grateful for the time Anders spend on helping me in a tough moment.

And regarding the strong cravings;  he suggested me to drink water, plenty of water, over and over again until the feeling vanish.
I tried. It worked.
I went to bed puzzled by all the feelings. Was I tired after the long distance biking? I felt depressed.
I watched a good TV-documentary about the journey of refugees picked out in Africa by Swedish immigration to come to Sweden. A safe journey. Not risking their life in unsafe boats over the Mediterranean sea. It made me feel better.
I drank some water and fell asleep, 8 am. Not so wise, I can tell awake again in the middle of the night.
Happy though for the opportunity to reflect without disturbance over the advice from Anders.

I need to plan more. Have fat free vegetarian dishes ready in my fridge ready to eat when all on my meal plan is eaten.
I must consume more veggies and fruits.
Drink much more water.
Keep focusing on my goals no matter what revolution going on in my head.
And of course love myself a lot. Unconditionally.

1. Meal plan: Couldn't keep. Ate two sandwiches, not on the list...
2. Inspirational reading: personal online consulting, very helpful
3. Meditation: Yes. First thing in the morning works the best
4. Exercise: 70 minutes of biking
5. Life changing: A turning point


No comments:

Post a Comment