Saturday, June 27, 2015

Sweden: Gathering at a fast food restaurant


Former Montessori mothers: Mia, me and Karin!

You might not know about my contract with my older sons. One year without fast food, snacks, candies, cakes and everything unhealthy. The fine if you break: 5000 Swedish kronor (500€)..
Some crazy things we may eat. Like jam. Because Elisha loves it. And dark chocolate, my wish and Joshua argued for two hot dogs a week.
On a shopping raid with Sara, looking for new pillows, we bumped in to some friends we have in common. Johanna, who attended the birth of my youngest son, Karin and Mia, parents from the Montessori school. Mia was also the teacher. We stared having a chat at the store and decided to have  a lunch break together.  I had a hot dog. I seldom go into a fast food restaurant. The contract has now lasted for 18 month, with one week break in January. I don't have any cravings for french fries and hamburgers. But we may eat pizza and hamburgers if made at home. Elisha, PT at SATS Haninge, want to break the habit to grab something unhealthy when hungry on the go.
It was a great rule and it's good not to have  make a decision. It's already made! 

All five friends are on vacation, even though I choose to work on mine...
All of us are very busy during the winter and it was so fun to gather spontaneously.
I hope to meet them later this summer again for a picnic or BBQ.
Karin wants me to paddle kayak with her!
Three of them are English teachers, so you can imagine how I feel writing this...
I hope they tell me how to correct my mistakes.


Seven hours of shopping left Sara and me with sore legs and tired brains.
We ended the day with a dinner to a delayed celebration of her birthday.
A nice fresh shrimp salad. It's really no effort trying to lose weight. Good food starts to become a habit. So does everyday exercise as well. I am happy and I feel good!
The sun  has finally reached to Luleå. I look forward to work on my tan this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment