Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sweden: Finally in the lake

First swim in the lake
It's heating up in Luleå. Today I couldn't resist to jump into the lake, Kvarnträsket.
Ulrika, my dear friend, took the nice pictures while visiting me.
Since I was 4 years old I have been  spending my summers swimming. I love it. It's a good exercise.
But I prefer outdoor swimming. The paradise like life at the summer house can't take away my thoughts of the people trying to escape from poverty and war over the Mediterranean sea. 2000 is said to be drown this year. Probably a lot more. Many of them can't swim. How afraid they must be. At my new job I meet the children that survived the trip. I get upset when I hear the discussions in EU about immigrants. Especially from countries from where people have been escaping from like Hungary.

My new life without the scale is much better. I get to focus more on the result of the weight loss than a number on my scale. It is inspiring me a lot. I look at my body instead. I try clothes on and am happy. They are fitting fine! I hope for a hot summer with a lot of swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment