Saturday, July 15, 2017

Day 4: dinner party with a starving chef!

Friday night and sons with friend are ready to 'pig-out'. I pretended I was working in a restaurant...Not my food. Long time ago I was actually  cooking in a place with the incredible  name 'Svensson'. It was located in Westberlin in the 80ies. I was preparing the Smörgåsbord, Swedish buffé. And the Christmas table full of traditional dishes. At the end the owner showed me how to cook a la carte. I worked hard, long hours for a low salary. One day I was fed up, put the knife down and left.
I have had a lot of use of the skills from Restaurant Svensson since then.
In my own Svensson/Turner kitchen with three sons hungry as wolfs, I used to fry in two pans at the same time to have space for all  the food they consumed. I am happy at least two of them love the dish I learned how to cook in Berlin,  Janssons frestelse, the temptation of Jansson.
I love cooking and I also love eating. Tonight I sat with a green soup the boys said looked like slime...I stay busy at home and am happy the diet are working so well in many ways.

Weight loss since yesterday :0.4 kilo (almost another pound)

1 comment: