Saturday, July 29, 2017

Day 18: 37 years later. Still mad at Per Gessle...



The name of Per Gessle, to the left of me, for readers around the world, famous from Roxette, for Swedes  at my age, the singer of  Gyllene Tider.

I started at the age of 13, a music fanzine together with a friend in 1980, the same year Gyllene Tider toured Sweden after their breakthrough.
 When they arrived in Luleå, Monica and I tried to get an interview. Per Gessle and Anders Herrlin was just making fun of us when we asked our questions. It ended up with me spitting on the floor in front of them and leaving furious.
 This anger has never left me. They didn't respect us for being young journalist girls.
I never enjoyed his shallow, commercial pop music ever since.

 Today Per Gessle has a gig 50 km away, in Piteå. I would not go there even if I got paid.

Luckily the drummer of Gyllene Tider, Micke Andersson, was kind to answer our questions that summer of 1980 so we got our report to the fanzine Beat. Some how we also got the autographs of the band on my jeans jacket I guess before the interview...

 On the other side the autographs of Noice, also very famous at that time. Nice guys.
 At the top you can read Thomas Ledin, a very humble man. Still popular in Sweden.

When I first made an interview with Carlos Santana I feared my idol would be different in person than his music. I was wrong. He gave me the only interview in Sweden even though I was only a teenager. I brought my 15 record to be signed so I guess he understood I adored his music.

To meet famous people, poor people, everyday people in more than 40 countries have made me understand that a home less Vietnam veteran at Venice Beach could be more interesting than for instant a world famous musician like Per Gessle.
With his Roxette college Marie Fredriksson, I made an interview in Kalix also in the eighties. She was great.

Weight loss since yesterday:  1,1 kilo! Exactly 10 kilos all together since day 1!


No comments:

Post a Comment