Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Day 1: amazing loss of water!



My first shake of this challenge  ( the flavor banana, yummie!) I had at a coffee house of Luleå in company with my good friend Ulrika.
We spend almost three hours analyzing  what matters in life and we both can share things with each others that are embarrassing and our week spots. We are different in many ways but when digging deep, we share a whole lot of issues.
A good start of my three week diet! The result of day 1 at the end of this post.




I get many question how this diet works:

1. You need to be prepared.

This time I bought 21 days use of Modifast through their home page.
Last time I started with Nutrilett, one of the cheapest alternative in Sweden.
A box with 25 shakes for 179-209 SEK. You have five a day.
I am not so happy with the taste or texture. Very sweet. They have no soups, but I found Modifast at my local pharmacy. I spiced them up and it was a great meal in cold January.
This time I loaded up with 21 days use of Modifast through their home page. At store they are 145 each and I got them for 109 or less as I bought a packet.
Modifast you have four of each day, it's only 8 in a box so they are more expensive.
I love the variety. I have 14 product to choose from shakes, soups, pudding, porridge and pasta. It's really a challenge when you have to drink the same shake five times a day for five days and you don't really like it. Now I can compose my own daily menu after how I feel.




2. You also have to be mentally prepared.

Pick a date in advance. Preferable one when you have a day off, a weekend and don't plan too many activities. This will take it's tool.Let it be your priority number one.
It's quite a change to go from all you can eat to 800 calories a day.
You will be hungry, you need to pee a lot the first days (see the amazing result after 24 hours below!), you might feel weak, dizzy, have a headache. The first days are the worst.
 After almost a week you can get enormous cravings, and need strategies to not fall through. Distractions! Go biking, read a book, meet your friends, watch a movie.
Before you start make sure your you get rid of temptations in your fridge and cup board.
You don't want them there when the beast is whispering 'eat' from your shoulder...



3. You need to drink 2.5 liters of calorie free beverage.

Water is the best alternative. I fill up a bottle of a half liter and keep a good count.
If dehydrated you will get headache and dizzy. It's not worth it!



4. You have to say no!

To temptation of course but also to friends and family that want to eat dinner with you, hotel breakfast or BBQ. You will have so many possibilities in the future to eat.
Stay strict during this period even if you have to act impolite.

5. Enjoy the daily progress. Even if it's a little step this will keep you motivated.


In 24 hours I lost 3 kilos. Of course this comes from excessive fluid in my body.
Still nice to get rid of it and a motivation to keep fighting the over weight monster!
I will not count kilos I put on and lost again...
Since January I there for have lost 13,6 kilos!


No comments:

Post a Comment