Friday, August 11, 2017

The Ninja Diet: palt from Piteå is my weapen!


Palt is a traditional dish here in Northern Sweden. Either you love it or hate it.
 It's like knödeln in Austria  or gnocci in Italy: a very compact, boiled ball made of potato, barley and wheat. With or without pork meat hidden inside. You eat palt with butter and lingonberry sauce and drink milk.


Friday dinner with my son. After the meal you get paltschwimen, food coma.
 You want to sleep and can't eat anything else for a day or so...
170 calories each palt.

For lunch I had chicken and veggies with halloumi. The kindneybeans are waiting in water to be boiled into a hot, healthy chili con carne. Everything keeping me full for long is working in the Ninja Diet. Hunger and cravings are my worst enemies.



No comments:

Post a Comment