Saturday, May 6, 2017

Moscow/Archangelsk nights



My first memory of Russia was the gifts my father brought home from Murmansk: a balalaika, Mishka, the mascot bear from the 1980s Olympics  in Moscow, a banjo and a beautiful wooden pot decorated with flowers.

I also remember singing 'Moscow night' in school in the 70ies. This melancholic, dramatic song about love by a river in a foreign country far a way made a deep impression on me.
I love that melody and it lyrics.
At the gala dinner of Barents Press in Archangels  it was played and I got a waltz with a Russian singing the song for me in his beautiful language. It was a peak of my life! I have decided to learn the Russian lyric until the next Barents Press meeting so I can sing and dance again!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uqccaYkr0E8
Natt i Moskva

No comments:

Post a Comment